Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub Review

This is the Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub from Lush Cosmetics, a store that makes fresh handmade cosmetics for skin and hair. This is one of their best sellers they have. A sucker for a good exfoliant and scrub, I snagged it up.

The minerals in sea salt scrub away dirt, dead skin and blockages for bright looking skin. It is made of vodka infused sea salt with a mix of avocado and coconut to hydrate skin. The antibacterial affects of the vodka and some lime juice help to eliminate blackheads, blemishes, and blocked pores for a visibly healthier skin. It is a pretty blue color that reminds you of the ocean. You can see the sea salt crystals in it, like a typical beaded exfoliator. I actually got a taste of it, and it tastes just like ocean water (don't recommend eating it, though).

To use, you wet your face, take a scoop full and massage it onto your face to exfoliate, then rinse. I have to admit, the salt felt pretty rough on the skin. I would not use this daily, as much as I'd love to, but boy did this work! As soon as I towel dried my face, my skin felt immediately softer and had that really clean refreshed feeling. I typically end my skincare routine by rubbing on a product with salicylic acid to help with breakouts (which is actually really drying) but I didn't even feel like I had to after this. I can't wait to continue using their products to watch the wonders it does for my skin using natural homemade recipes with fresh ingredients meant for specific skin issues.

I also got some masks, and a toner that I can review if you're interested. Let me know in the comments. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love lush products<3 I've always wanted to try this exfoliating scrub, but I haven't had any time going to my local Lush store~ ^_^ I'm glad to know that it works! Hehe~ Thanks for the review~

    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like this scrub. We haven't actually tried any beauty products from lush, apart from their lip scrub!
    Will check this out next time we go to lush :) xx

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! It's a really good effective exfoliator! :)

      Delete
  3. I would love to try this.. it sounds like such a wonderful product xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS