Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Ipsy Bag



I was very excited and anxiously awaited my first Ipsy Glam bag. The fact that it was called "Beach Beauty" made me even more excited because I love summery, bright and fresh things. It was delivered in a pretty pink metalic package. Inside, the products were contained in a clear-pink zip up travel pouch. When I opened it up I was shocked by the fact that something was spilled all over my products. It was a tan dried up liquid that resembled a foundation or something of the sort. I wiped off the products and examined each one. To my surprise, nothing was broken or even the color of what was spilled in the bag. What the heck? A bunch of people on twitter were telling me to contact their customer service but I didn't see the point considering everything was intact and usable lol. Not the best first impression though, I'd have to say.


The 5 products I received were...

Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Beach Spray: This is described as a spray that provides body, fullness and light hold while helping to nourish, protect and heal hair damage with the power of Argan Oil.  It creates undone texture that looks and feels like you've spent a day by the sea. I'm not a big fan of sprays like this considering you are usually meant to spray it in your hair while it's wet and let it air dry. I'm not sure if I'll even use this since I never let my hair go natural. :(

BH Cosmetics California Collection: This provides three pretty colors from 3 different palettes. The dark purple shade is from the Hollwood palette, the brown from San Francisco, and the goldish yellow from the Malibu. They're all such gorgeous colors and come in cute packaging, that I'm actual considering buying the full size. I just checked them out on their website and discovered that they're relatively cheap, going for $9.95 and also include blushes and bronzer in the palette! Such a nice deal. Question is, which palette do I choose? Hollywood, San Francisco, or Malibu? Hmmm...


Coola Mineral Sunscreen: This is loaded with organic vitamins and minerals It's hypoallergenic, anti-aging, water resistant and also reduces redness and irritation on the skin. It has cucumber that calms the skin and a plankton extract that rejuvinates. Sounds pretty nice to me! I will probably use this because I hate burning my face and I've been getting so many new freckles that I just want to go away!

Pouty Pop Lip Crayon in Coral Crush: I am so glad I got this color. It's just the right coral color, so bright and pretty. It felt moisturizing and smooth on the lips unlike how I'd expect most crayons to feel. I'll definetely be enjoying this product.


Derma E Microdermabrasian Scrub: This is an exfoliater that contains sea salt and volcanic sand. It is said to help deminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars leaving the skin youthfully radiant. Even though I'm only 23, I have all of the above springing up on me and love that this will help me with those issues!

All in all, I'm happy with the products I received. I think $10 is definitely worth all that I got. Minus the spillage, I'm excited to get my next Ipsy bag and see what they choose for me next. :)

3 comments:

  1. I get so jealous whenever people post about beauty boxes! I want to subscribe to one so bad... but, a lot of them have wait lists. Boo. How long did you have to wait to get yours??

    thebeautyblahg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many good ones out there! I didn't wait long at all. No longer than a month.

      Delete
  2. Ohh~~ I've always wanted to apply for the Ipsy glam bag. >.< Why am I so poor~~ I liked your blog though~ ^^ And I followed you on GFC~

    I'm new. Check out my blog?

    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS