Wednesday, July 3, 2013

NYX Haul


I have long awaited the delivery of my NYX order. I don't know if it's just me but they take really long to ship out their orders compared to other companies. It took 10 days or more. Regardless of that, I am very happy with the items like always.

I went with a few lip products. I got the Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler which is really glossy and a little translucent. The Soft Matte Lip Cream in Addis Ababa (a what? lol), it was pretty matte, I almost felt like I wanted a gloss to it but the color is a gorgeous fuchsia. Then the Xtreme Lip Cream in Candy Land which was very lipstick like and thick. Loved it. Below are the swatches in order.


I also included the Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam, the Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Powder Blush in Taupe and the Smokey Shadow Palette.

The illuminator and eye pencil show up great too! The Milk pencil is great for highlighting under your brow bone and the corners of your eye. You just draw a bit on and smudge it out with your finger or a blending brush. This is actually my second one (a repurchase!). The illuminator is a really pretty pearl shimmer that I can't wait to add to my cheek bones for a dewy, glowy finish. The taupe blush was recommended by one of my favorite youtubers ~saturdaynitesalright. She insists it is great for contouring in the hollows of your cheeks which I'm excited to try out as well since I've been using bronzers to do that. Below is a swatch of the pencil, illuminator and blush (which you can't really see so I'll put a picture of that also).


Last but not least, the Smokey Eye Palette. I really wanted the Natural or Nude eye palette? But they were out of stock, so I thought why not just get this one. I actually do love smokey eyes and tend to apply my eyeshadows dark and smokey anyway. It has every type of color you'd need from a sparkly grey, to burgundy, blue, and tan.


What do you think of these products? Have you tried any of them out?

8 comments:

  1. Nice products! I love nyx. I've been meaning to pick up some more of their products.
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get around to it! It's so affordable and such good quality. I want more of their lip products now that I tried these and liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute im so in love with nyx products and these beauts are lovely especially the colour so pigmented. xx

    http://shugahlicious-shug.blogspot.co.uk/

    @xshugx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so much! <3

    Follow?
    Visit my blog dyverst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I checked it out and it's in a language I don't understand, so I won't be following :( Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Great swatches!! Love NYX, especially for the price and color payoff!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently got the liquid illuminator and I l-o-v-e it! I like how they have a lot of trendy products for a more reasonable price. Have you tried their white eye shadow base? It's amazing - really makes color pop!

    thebeautyblahg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS