Friday, June 21, 2013

L'oreal self-tanning towelettes review


I finally got around to giving these a try. I shaved and exfoliated in the shower and then dried off to use it. The towelette was white and folded up, no brown color on it at all. I kept it folded and used it on my arm first, and opened it up as I went to other body parts. I used it on my arms, legs, stomach, chest, upper back, basically anywhere I could reach besides my face. I rubbed it in an up and down motion which might have been a mistake. The scent was not strong, but it definitely had a smell. Not a normal self-tanner smell, but not a very pleasant one either. I did notice a nice bronze glow soon after I put it on, but nothing too drastic.

In the morning is when I got to see the whole effect of it. I had a nice blotch right on my wrist bone. I also had a streak down the inside of my arm. I later read that using up and down motions can cause streaking. You want to use circular motions when you rub it in (I'll remember that next time!). I also had brown/orangey palms because I didn't wash my hands after (I'm an idiot, my fault). The packaging did not have application directions, which might have been useful and made me more satisfied if I knew what kind of motion to apply it. I don't feel like it was orange, but it obviously wasn't brown either. My natural tan tends to be more orangey and red than brown anyway so it looked like a normal tan to me.

All in all, for the price, I think it's decent and will finish it up. From then on, I will probably stick to lotions and sprays just because they're less awkward to apply.

Hope this was useful! Would you try a towelette out?

6 comments:

  1. I hate towlettes! I use a spray and it works lovely. It came with gloves and a mitt to apply with so you can avoid the orangy hands.

    And PS yes I used to have livejournal! lol so weird we ran into each other again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin talked them up to me awhile back so I thought I'd give it a try. Not really impressed haha. I love mists/sprays so much more!

    aw, totally remember you :) i'm glad i ran into you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog. I use Jergens natural glow and it works really well! Follow me via GFC and I'll follow you, doll. <3
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm looking for a new drugstore one. Absolutely! I'd love for you to follow me :)

      Delete
  4. It doesn't really help that it doesn't have instructions on does it?! Hopefully next time you try it in circular motions it will work better :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly! For first time towelette users, that's something that would be nice to know! haha. I hope so too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS